Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,101 to 5,120 of 5,229

WoomyNNYes

Isn't this the final season of content for Spaltoon 3's two years of live support? (edit: splat channel says the trailor doesn't look like a final update. We'll see in autumn, I guess)

Next season looks good!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes While Splat Channel is helpful, he does also tend to cover a lot of clickbait/rumor stuff...

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

OctolingKing13

im NOT ready for a final fest yet!

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

_Lime

The new season looks great! I hope it isn’t but I think this will be the last one so I am going to make the most of the hype!!😀

Switch friend code:SW-3744-8516-9497
User name: Lime!
Third kits??

WoomyNNYes

CaleBoi25 wrote:

@WoomyNNYes While Splat Channel is helpful, he does also tend to cover a lot of clickbait/rumor stuff...

Oh yeah, definitely. I don't have a lot of respect for Splat Channel. He often has needless dialog/speculation for filler. I just watched him because he had a short-ish video. I wasn't in the mood for longer videos, or searching around. I've kind of fallen out of the loop of which splatoon youtuber's I like.

Whoever else you might recommend, I'll welcome it, in case it's someone I'm not familiar with already. (I have subbed to a few splatoon youtubers, but I refuse to surf youtube logged in since I don't like the whole data collection industry)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Jhena

Those big curling bombs today were crazy.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

WoomyNNYes

@Jhena Yeah, I liked it, played it last night. This giant curling bomb challenge is possibly the first challenge I've tried, because I thought it sounded fun & it was actually live when I booted up the game.

I feel like every time I've seen a challenge that maybe sounded fun in the Splatoon news, it's never been live. This is possibly the first time a challenged sounded fun and it was live when I booted up the game.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

vio

That's frankly pretty disappointing for the final season IMO. 😒 No new King Salmonid!? I said before "I don't want any of this we can only have 3 Kings because it's Splatoon 3 nonsense. " And yep, of course Nintendo said "F you vio!" sigh The new tri whatever it's called mode with all 3 Kings simultaneously looks really cool though. I'm very curious how that is going to work since defeating just 1 King can be pretty difficult. I trust that mode is not exclusive to Big Run? Better not be! The new stage looks really sweet as well! Just a shame about poor ol' Urchin and Saltspray, especially now that Splatoon 1 is dead. Hopefully they'll return in Splatoon 4 some day, but that's going to be a long wait. Overall, I guess I just expected more for the grand finale.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes I don't know of many Splatubers who cover game news other than Splat Channel, but I do really like Chase247 and ProChara. I have also watched one or two videos by TedKnows about news/leaks. BipedalSquid is good two, but most of his stuff is livestreamed, so if you prefer scripted content then he is not for you.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Fizza

@vio For what its worth, it doesn't seem like this'll be the final season whatsoever; Nintendo have made no mention of it being so in any of the promo for Sizzle 2024 thus far, Wellstring and Decavitator still need 2nd kits and there's been rumours/rumblings of 3rd kits being a thing since the end of last year. I'm personally hopeful that they'll fully commit to the '3' theming of S3 and give EVERY SINGLE MAIN WEAPON a 3rd kit in the last proper update.

It's probably not going to happen whatsoever but hey a guy can dream XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

@Fizza Copium buddies XD We didn't see 3rd kits for the new weapons... BUT what if (hear me out) they are added during Final Fest. Even if we don't get Drizzle Season 2024, they might put in the new kits and the FinalFest in September for the anniversary!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

Unless Nintendo says otherwise, I'm not believing this is the final season. Nor do I think the idol Splatfest is the Final Fest, even though I've predicted that before. The timing is off. It would make no sense to be teasing that already and not have it until the anniversary because that's in Drizzle. No way are they going to let the 2nd anniversary come and go with Final Fest coming earlier! I'd say it'll be some other theme, maybe Past vs. Present vs. Future like @OctolingKing13 suggested.

As a reminder, last year it was Big Run in June with Splatfests in July and August. BIG Big Run might be in June as well, but I've loved how we've had a Splatfest every month this year so far.

Whirling Octoling
"You lip-synch, we drip ink..."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Jhena

Can 66 mean the devil's number? I found the flying fish trikot, an ice hockey team trikot, with the number 66. It would be fitting because the flying fish tries to rise but ultimately falls down again. It is still funny because it is kinda reversed. After all a fish's heaven is the sea.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Fizza

Wellstring got its Twitter reveal today....along with its 2nd kit.

To my knowledge, a new weapon getting both of its kits at the same time has never happened before in the series, which really makes you wonder whether this is actually going to be the final season or not (which I wouldn't understand personally given how there's been absolutely no insinuation of that being the case in any of the promotional material so far but its surprisingly enough a non-zero chance now 🥴).

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I think it's just that they want to save FinalFest announcement for the June Direct considering since Splatoon 3 was announced (February 2021), every general Direct except E3 2021 featured the game. Announcing stuff about the end now would leave less or nothing Splatoon 3 related for the Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

vio

@Fizza It's definitely the final season. Nintendo almost always sticks to what they have advertised. We'll get more Splatfests for a while still and maybe a Sheldon's Picks as both Splatoon 1 and 2 got those, but I think that is about it.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Croctopus

I didn’t think of the June Direct as a factor. I suppose I could be right about the Final Fest, but not the timing. I just find it hard to believe they would let the September anniversary come and go this time after making a big show of it last year.

I agree that we’ll still get more Splatfests. It’ll be a long wait for Splatoon 4. Nintendo will prioritize the next Animal Crossing and make the Splatoon devs be hard at work on that. It’ll be interesting to see how Big Run is handled after this BIG Big one.

Whirling Octoling
"You lip-synch, we drip ink..."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

@Fizza Both of those kits would work really well if their Specials would get a buff. ANY buff. And assuming the main weapon is good ofc.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

WoomyNNYes

Catalog level 99!! Just waiting for the in-game day to flip so I can get the win-of-the-day bonus to reach level 100 and complete the catalog.

Also, had fun tossing bombs over the boxes/wall at Hagglefish Market. I'm surprised I never see anyone else chucking bombs over the wall like this. If you haven't tossed spat bombs over the wall like this, you need to. It's fun.🤣

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

Just went back to this game, felt like I took a nice hiatus from it. (Been playing Tears of the Kingdom, and I was busy with other stuff too.) I picked Bucket List for this Splatfest.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic